Thursday, November 4, 2021

Dear Homophobes,


Growing up as what would most describe as a tomboy,

neither my childhood friends nor I equated tomboyish girls with sexuality.

To them, it was nothing more than just clothing preference!

See to me, it was a preference and more.

Preference with a concoction of carnal’ feelings for women...

But, how could one have known? When there was brother patriarchy, the greatest narcissists of them all.

Prescribing everyone with a ‘how to live a life’ prescription like they were Dr. Strange,

forgetting life does not revolve around them!

That one day, they could wake up to taking orders from their ‘inferior other,’

that life is too short to spend it all squeezing yourself to fit into some minute box.

That black is not just one color; there are shades to it!

That if one can understand the former, then one can understand the latter,

That sexuality is a spectrum; there are variants to it!

I wish somebody had told me back then to say to the Dr, NO!

3 comments:

  1. Powerful read!
    I feel like it's harder on us black people cause somehow our brains are conditioned to hate the black skin, and on top of that we are being conditioned to hate our sexuality... it's just insane and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see that you are writing again... I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. continue standing for what you believe in. May others who are scared to come out or those in-denial gain confidence

    ReplyDelete