Thursday, May 6, 2021

It’s Thick Here; “All Girls Aren’t Pink” Part 1

 Any place would provide a better life for me as a queer person other than Africa. Zimbabweans are just so judgmental and institutionalized in their ways, beliefs, and traditions. It's pretty sickening 😢. It makes me want to say, "dawg, I hate this place!!"🤦🏾‍♀️ For me, it's not only about being queer, it's about being a queer 1st born African GIRL child. Now is the part where you put on your seatbelt as I take you on this short rant drive. Growing up, I used to love the winter season so much. Winter was when I got to wear the perfectly fitting winter uniform, which consisted of a shirt, trousers, and a tie ❤️ awww ☺️ my favorite. It was my favorite because it afforded me the comfort l needed in clothes that I did not get in skirts and dresses, 👗 "not that I hated them at the time.”

 

"Steven, Peter, Spencer" were some of the names the boys in my neighborhood used to call me during winter. It never used to bother me because wearing boy's clothes had nothing to do with me wanting to be a man or identify as one but everything to do with comfort. The other major factor why their sentiments did not affect me was because I AM A SAG baby, and "SAG'S don't care what people say!!" At the time, I had not been exposed to feminism, so I was also not bothered to research why these men were narrow-minded. Cis-gender Zimbabwean men are a bunch of ignorant, hateful people. IT'S THICK HERE, And for most of them, their argument is, "... with the way dick is good" 🙄oh, please oan🤦🏾‍♀️, "how do you know dick is good? have you had dick before?" Immediately the conversation becomes toxic as they instantly become slaves of their own internalized homophobia. It's now, "HOW DARE YOU?", excuse me ☝️ , sir, "How dare I what?" I need to know and understand how men are just so entitled. Y'all weird, bro!! FACTS


someone let me know, please!! 


We can not all wear pink dresses, red bottoms, and some designer clutch to work or school. IT IS NOT OUR STYLE; we are uncomfortable in those clothes, but I do not want to be a man, and I have never wanted to be 1...


To more writing ✍🏾

17 comments:

  1. Wa patiently waiting for the “ Sagittarius “ reference 🤣🙊

    🥂 to more writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👏👏 the "how do you know what dick feels like "qn triggers niggas so much,it's hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sags really don’t care! I have 99 problems but other people’s opinions ain’t one

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... with the way dick is good" - this is a very common statement guys use the moment they know a girl enjoy girls better.

    Keep blogging...this was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the judgement coming from a complete strangers��, people who are just mad to see you living truth and too rigid to try understand

    Love that the lgtbq+ community is becoming louder in Zim keep blogging��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go girl! Waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homosexuality is a sin. But God loves you dearly still just the way you are. People are only judgemental cz they actually care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep writing I am so in love with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Zimbabweans are just so judgmental and institutionalized in their ways, beliefs, and traditions. It's pretty sickening ��."

    This. On point.
    Three quarters of fellow Zimbos hop on to any "popular opinion" and run with it. There is no research or verification, as long as (insert popular person name) said it it must be true. It's truly sad.
    #decolonize

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

It’s Thick Here; “All Girls Aren’t Pink” Part 1

 Any place would provide a better life for me as a queer person other than Africa. Zimbabweans are just so judgmental and institutionalized ...