Depressed? Stressed to the point that I can't rest?
it's just thick here
Sitting all alone yet feeling kinda pressed.
Squeezing on my brain,
Speeding the beating in my chest
Softly it beckons me, that cavernous emptiness.
Finding out my heart beats the very second I see a tall, dark man has made me hate myself
I have friends, a good family, but yet still, I feel like I chose to be a prisoner of my sexuality
Some part of me has been ripped from me
I feel different; society has made me feel like I am a weak version of a man,
My mind is not occupied hence why these thoughts invaded my head, I say to myself,
But yet its soo real every day is a scare
I can't talk to anyone about it cause I might be a victim of their hate
But it eats me soo good, tempting me soo terrible I cannot resist.
Guilty eats me up, rips my guts inside and out every time I find myself lost in my queer thoughts
I want to feel anything to escape from this feeling
But, still, I run to emptiness and find myself feasting on my queer Desires
Is this how loneliness feels? ,
I can't explain it cause I have everything a person could ask for
But yet I am still here.
I drove everyone away, It happened before, but now I know why.
Every night and day, my head has become a battlefield for my demons
Feelings of which I can't make sense,
It holds me hostage, makes my body tense.
It's really thick here
I Can't breathe, won't breathe, or perhaps I've forgotten
I try and wrestle free, the part of me that's become rotten.
Like a cancer revolting against its host
turning me away from what I like most
Scared to expose myself
I've driven away from
Friends, hobbies, food, you could say they don't exist.
In this state of mind, they surely won't be missed.
Craving nothing at all but nothingness,
For in this vacuum, there isn't a thing but these feelings I try to running away from
Irony being, not of wanting to be alone deep in thought
Leaving me, more than anything, feeling quite distraught.
Feelings that can't be explained
Yet they drown me.
Feelings that can't explain themselves to me, yet they feel soo good, it hurts.
Am I depressed, stressed?
it's just Thick here
A question that keeps dancing to the tune of the screams in my head.
Ever since I've known who I am its all smiles
but yet deep down its a dark, scary castle for me
I've managed to keep hold of myself, but I am just a walking disaster waiting to erupt.
I like how i felt when i knew i wasn't alone. I felt so awkward about my feelings. I remember there was a time i cried coz i had crushed on some celebrity. Its so confusing when you dont know who you are
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYou are never alone in this fight!
DeleteReading this I understood exactly how the author felt. It was so weird feeling some typa way for a girl for me, and also feeling the same for a guy. Till I realised I like them both. Unfortunately Zimbabwe doesnt understand so I have to ignore a side of me. Now I can only act on it when playing truth or dare and I get to kiss her and no one questions why I enjoyed it or why my face was flushed afterwards.
ReplyDeleteIt's quite sad we go through all this
Delete��The way you express yourself in writing is insane and I love it. In this reading I can clearly feel how confused you were...the need to be stuck in the shadows were you are comfy yet you also longed to be in light.
ReplyDeleteAs always, this was a good read��