Tuesday, May 18, 2021

You Are Not Alone

 I have always thought that the most powerful words in the English language are

"You are not alone..." 


This is for every kid or any other person,

Who believe that they're alone,

I got you.

This is a representation of everyone who believe that its their fault, and they deserve the hurt they are getting. 

You are not alone. 


Somewhere out there, there is a boy. 

Trying by all means to keep it all in together, 

Trying not to spill the rainbow inside of him 

Scared to be killed or rejected by the ones he love. 


Somewhere out there, there is a girl 

Sitting in a bathroom tub

Screaming inside her head trying not to make a sound 

As she try to keep the razor blade steady,

Slowly cutting herself. 


Not far from here, 

There is trans person, trying to silence 

Every single voice screaming inside their head, for awhile. 

Causing anxiety, 

Anxiety, if they find out. 

What will become of their future. 

Blocking the laugh of the demons inside their heads every night 

Just so they could sleep for a second . 


There is a person 

Jumping from bed to bed, everyday. 

Greeted by a different face every morning they wake up. 

Not even able to remember the smell of their own home, they were kicked out of. 

Hoping that they would make a living, 

And be able to support themselves. 


To the person that can't feel anything, 

But the hurt their families has inflicted on them. 

That boy feeling nothing but emptiness, 

Always hiding the cuts on his wrists from everyone. 


To that woman, 

Being forced into marriage, and choosing to hide her sexuality,

Submitting to their husband, even if it hurts soo deep. 

Having to sacrifice their life so that they can have a 'life'. 

To that girl whose been crying themselves to bed, hiding from the world,

So that they can be safe. 

And to that man who wants to just cry, or feel anything. 


On every news channel you turn on, its a headline

Everyday they are killing us, 

Torturing us. 

But they speak about our sin as if human slaughtering is peace. 

This has caused you to feel insecure and not safe. 


This is for you. 

This is for everyone who's been banging, Screaming at the heaven's gate so that the Angels can open it them. 

Anyone who feels like they are drowning because they consistently try to hide that secret part of themselves from their loved ones. 

I see you 

I might not be much, 

But this is for you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. 


Keep trying to be the perfect person, just be your full individual

This will not make, the hurtful human behavior towards you stop, 

But just know you have a whole army rallying behind you. 

Just be you and keep going. 

This is a reminder that every cloud has a silver lining. 

This is a reminder to every person feeling scared, Alone right now like the whole world is against them. 

You are never alone. 

And you are perfect!!


To those who have lost their lives, 

In the hands of our oppressors 

We respect you and you are not forgotten. 

May your souls forever rest in eternal peace.

2 comments:

  1. I needed these words when I was 13, sitting on the toilet floor of the school hostel, when everyone had foubd out my secret and i just wanted to die.
    I needed these words A level when I let a boy touch me because I thought I had to "cure" myself.

    I needed these words when I was in college, battling feelings i had for other girls but I had no one to talk to and I saw no one like me.

    I needed these words when i was 22, sleeping with men hoping it would "do the trick" but I fell deeper into depression still.

    I needed these words, I need them still, because sometimes it gets all lonely again and it's hard to truly be your lesbian self in my beloved country.

    Thank you for these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ��Being bi is even lonelier cause people think you're either confused or curious...
    At one point I had a thing with a lesbian and she said hurtful stuff like "go back to boys" or "chiroorwa, I'm sure your parents need a mukwasha"... I felt hated and rejected by a person whom I thought understood me better. But this was the first girl had tried being romantically entangled with, and as time goes on and as I meet other people, now get that I'm not alone in this journey. The idea is to genuinely love each other and make each other feel whole.

    Thank you for reminding me that I'm never alone. This was a good read��

    ReplyDelete

It’s Thick Here; “All Girls Aren’t Pink” Part 1

 Any place would provide a better life for me as a queer person other than Africa. Zimbabweans are just so judgmental and institutionalized ...