I am told some of you call themselves ‘Allies’.
Friends of the Alphabet gang.
Or should I just call you fiends? Devils in sheep's skins!
And sorry, I’m not Willy Wonka, so I won't sugarcoat it for you.
You call yourselves ‘pals’ of the community.
As if that is not enough, you even call yourselves LGBTQ “advocates, activists, protectors”...
But are you really?
Or you are just lying snakes in the grass,
Doing whatever it takes for a seat at the table were “liberals” wine and dine.
You hypocrites!
From what do you derive the power to call yourself ‘allies’ of a group of people you barely know or understand?
How much queer content have you voluntarily exposed yourself to?
You ask lesbians who the ‘man’ in their relationship is, as if its some Samson and Delilah conundrum. Why do you do that?
There is no ‘husband’ in lesbian relationships!
There is no ‘wife’ in gay relationships!
You have the effrontery to pose daft questions like “so who cooks,” “who pays the bills”...
What nonsense is that?
Tell me again how exactly you are our ‘friends’ ?
All I’m trying to say is detox from patriarchy!
Stop heterosexualising queer relationships
If you read a little and engage more queer people, you might eventually morph into the ‘allies’ you purport to be.
Being an ‘ally’ compels more than just saying it.
Talk is cheap!
this is such a deep piece. very thought provoking��
ReplyDeleteThank you
Delete��I can hear you scream in this�� I even heard you spit when you said "You hypocrites!"����
ReplyDeleteGood read ��
Stop heterosexualising queer relationships!
ReplyDeleteThat line speaks volumes. Why must it all be male-female, man-woman in all relationships? Why not just two people in love. Mxxm