Tuesday, August 3, 2021

What do i stand for ?

"Be strong," mother reminds

"You have a whole community looking up to you."

Stand tall so you demand respect

Then, they will listen: give you all the respect 

You are one that none should forget.

You are the revelator the one to bring change."

"Stand strong," father compels,

"So, people can admire you.

Show how unique, how wonderfully made you are.

They will see, and know, if you stand strong."

"Be confident,' my friend cheers me up,

"Don't waver for I may fall.

You are essential, a rock, a shield,

A safe place amidst a storm. For me, stand steady.

For you are a mountain"

What do i stand for ?

I stand tall so I am not swept away. 

I am a voice of the voiceless

I am gonna be strong so I may see the light at end of the tunnel

Every cloud has a silver lining,hold on to me 

I stand with confidence because there is no one to hold me and a whole community looking up to me 

I stand still ,my rainbow flag waving so high that the whole tribe will see i am here

There is chaos before me, destruction behind.

If I stand tall, strong, steady, still, I may,

One day, reach the heavens above me,

There rest awaits the community ,

'Till then I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Thick Here; “All Girls Aren’t Pink” Part 1

 Any place would provide a better life for me as a queer person other than Africa. Zimbabweans are just so judgmental and institutionalized ...