‘We only live once’ is a common statement amongst not only my age mates, but for generations before and after me.
Let's just say,
most people in their lifetime have uttered these words at least once.
But do we?
Because ostensibly, you lot act like we don’t.
When you sit down and dictate to us how to walk, how to speak, who to eat the fruit of Eden with...
Are we supposed to STILL live our lives ‘once’ like the familiar saying after that?
Oh, sorry, that wasn’t a question.
We are all born naked ‘and by naked, I don’t mean literally,’ and the rest is storytelling.
One can only tell their story once, and ‘once’ it is.
In Dr. Mandla Lamba’s words, ‘ You are not born the day your mother pushes you through the birth canal. You are born the day you discover who you really are, why you came, and what you are able to do.’
Many of us here are still fetuses, ‘and this time, I mean it in the literal sense.
Fetuses because we are stuck in the wombs of selfish bigots.
Bigots hindering our birth.
How can we be born?
To be honest, I don’t know where this is even going but,
ALL I KNOW IS, I AM ANGRY!
I am angry , and I will forever be angry at bigots!
I am, however, angrier at members of marginalized communities.
The enemy is the system, patriarchy!
Instead of dictating amongst each other who can be a ‘woman’ and who can not be a ‘woman,’
We only live ‘once’ remember!
Yes ‘trans-women’ may or may not suffer the same struggles as cisgender women but,
THEY STILL STRUGGLE under the hands of patriarchy.
Let us desist from hindering other people's births.
Denial of humanity is the least I will ever expect from you, members of marginalized communities.
Trans women are women

No comments:
Post a Comment